A gathering to inform, inspire & invigorate the school garden movement
The Growing School Gardens Summit is a gathering designed to support our shared work to strengthen the school garden movement at local and national levels so that all children and youth can have vibrant, resilient school garden programs. As the first-ever national gathering focused entirely on school gardening, the summit will unite educators and leaders to share innovations and harness our collective power for future change.
Centering Equity at the Summit
We are developing a conference culture that’s intentional around the intersection of equity, diversity and inclusion and school gardens.
Why School Gardens Now?
School garden practitioners and researchers agree: school gardens grow healthy kids, engaged learners, environmental stewards, and resilient, empowered youth!
What Makes the Summit Unique?
A committed, diverse, dynamic team of leaders from across the country is aiming to create a gathering that is respectful, representative of, and accountable to our partners and participants.
Pacific Elementary – Davenport, CA
What Took Place
Guided by our Commitments and Values, the summit will have an innovative recipe for learning, including:
- Abundant, intentional opportunities to make authentic connections, build community, and learn from one another
- Workshop sessions led by school garden professionals
- Deeper Dive (3-4 hour) workshop sessions
- Field experiences to explore innovative food and garden programs in Denver Area
- Engaging general sessions, including seasoned experts as well as inspirational school garden leaders taking the stage for the first time
- An Emerging Leaders Program to support young professionals in the field
- Opportunities to explore how we can work together to advance the national school garden movement
School Garden Support Professionals will:
- Join a national assembly of professionals through the School Garden Support Organization (SGSO) Network
- Share diverse perspectives and take home inspiring ideas and innovations on building and sustaining vibrant and resilient school gardens and school garden organizations
- Discover promising practices from other School Garden Professionals, so they don’t have to reinvent the wheel
- Gain a new spring in their step
The Growing School Gardens Summit is hosted by the Sprouts Healthy Communities Foundation in Partnership with Life Lab and the School Garden Support Organization (SGSO) Network. Learn more about this collaboration.
Sponsorship and collaboration inquiries – LyndseyWaugh@sprouts.com
Media inquiries – Elizabeth Parra
Jones Valley Teaching Farm – Birmingham, AL